The Data Explorer includes a series in interactive reports that allow you to select and visualize a range of metrics from the Parcelization Database. Metrics are available by town, county, Regional Planning Commission, and state. Values are available for all years included in the study (2004 to 2016).
Tips & Tricks
- Exploring Metrics
- Select the geography, year, and "type of metric" you are interested in, and then choose the metric you would like to explore in the drop down menu of metrics to the right.
- When you select a new "type of metric" to explore, you will see your previous selection at the bottom of the drop down menu of metrics. Unclick the box, or select a new box, and proceed with your research.
- Printing and/or Saving a Report
- For the interactive report of interest, click the "Enter full screen mode" button (lower-right corner of report pane). The report will open in a new tab.
- Select the metrics/options of interest.
- Printing: Hit the Ctrl+P key combination to open your browser's print dialogue. Select destination printer and print.
- Saving: Using the Chrome browser, hit the Ctrl+P key combination to open your browser's print dialogue. Select "Save as PDF" as your destination printer and save to PDF.
- Additional Data Explorer Tips
- Definitions; uses and limitations - Definitions of the terms used in the charts, as well as the uses and limitations of the data, can be found in the metadata.
- Colors used in the graphs - Because these are dynamic graphs, the scales recalulate every time new variables (years, geographies, etc.) are chosen. This means that the colors used in the graphs do not always represent the same values - for example, yellow may represent a range of 50-100 with one set of variables, but may represent 125-140 with another set of variables. For this reason, graphs should not be compared side by side.
- Browser: The charts below load best in Google Chrome.